Thursday, October 27, 2005

Gospel Homily for 31st Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A

The Gospel-based homily for this Sunday is entitled In Christ, All Brothers and Sisters .

A group of African missionaries were sent to work in a diocese in Zambia. On arrival they discovered that almost all the missionaries in the diocese were Americans. The American missionaries called the bishop, who was African, by his first name. The newly arrived African missionaries thought that this was inappropriate and decided to change it. They taught the people to call the bishop “My Lord.” This was new to the people but they were ready to learn. One day a woman came to see the bishop and the person she met was one of the American priests. She asked him, “Where is Our Lord?” to which the priestly gleefully replied, “Our Lord is in the tabernacle.” ... Read more .

Click on 'Comments' below to share your thoughts on the homily or to read what others have to say about it. Shalom!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother Ernest, you are doing it really. I just discover you today, confirm the receipt of this comment so that I aclaim a sure connection with you, I am studying here in Ireland, just arrived last month, thanks a lot for such homily apostolate. As I celebrate the Christmas outside the Frican continent, I feel home(Nigeria) discussing with you. You are doing fine, keep it up, FR. Jude Dimonyekwere C.M.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment was quite apt Fr Jude
my brother. I hope by now you have getton settled properly in Ireland
Stay warm and keep fit
Br Paul

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home